10 Tips for Travelling with Children
- April 26, 2019
- Posted by: olinsadmin
- Categories: Healthy Lifestyle, Insurance Toronto, Travel Medical Insurance
Whether it’s a trip to Disneyland, a return “back home” to see relatives, or a discovery tour through Southeast Asia, travelling with children or grandchildren should be both fun and safe. Following are some tips to help them ensure the trip is an adventure everyone can benefit from and enjoy.
- Visit the Government of Canada’s travel site to check the safety and security of your planned destination.
- Ensure vaccinations, including those required for where you’re going, are up-to-date.
- Remember to pack items such as children’s medications, child-safe mosquito repellant and a first-aid kit.
- Bring life vests if your family will be participating in water activities while you’re away.
- Carry a car seat that you can use on the airplane as well as for travelling in cars at your destination.
- Childproof your hotel room, looking for sharp corners on objects and other hazards that could harm children.
- Review safety procedures such as staying close to someone you know and having children approach another mom or an official such as the police for help if they get lost and need help
- Divide children up between parents, with each parent picking up a child or holding their hand, as appropriate, in crowded areas.
- Flank your children, with one parent in front and the other behind when using taxis, public transit, crossing the street, etc.
- Provide your children with a whistle and teach them to only use it for emergencies or if you get separated from one another.
Travel insurance plans include 24/7 assistance services.
You can buy Travel insurance online here: https://insurancestoronto.ca/
NOTE: This article is based on News You Can Use, the electronic newsletter published monthly for all Allianz Global Assistance Partners and travel insurance advisors.