Accidental Disability Insurance for Self-Employed
- January 4, 2020
- Posted by: olinsadmin
- Category: Disability Insurance, Healthy Lifestyle, Insurance Toronto
Living within your income is complicated. And without it?
If a long-term disability prevented you from making a living, for how long you and your family could survive without your regular income?
What is Accidental Disability Insurance?
It is a straightforward, affordable and easy to purchase plan that can help protect your income if you become injured or ill. It is specially designed for self-employed people: truck drivers, contractors, farmers, fishermen, accountants, software engineers, part-time workers and many others occupations and professions.
- No medical examination at the time of purchase. Answer just a few basic questions to apply. You can receive injury-only coverage if you do not qualify for sickness coverage.
- 24/7 Protection.
- Affordable: Premiums start as low as $10.50 per month for injury-only coverage.
- Tax-free monthly benefit: Choose $500, $1,000 or $1,500 (75% of your gross monthly income is the maximum).
- Easy to apply
- Total disability benefits: Receive a monthly benefit for up to 2 years if a covered illness or injury completely prevents you from working.
- No premium payments during disability: Your premiums will be waived if you are disabled and being paid monthly benefits.
- Portable: You can keep your policy if you change jobs.
- Policy cannot be cancelled as long as you pay your premiums
- 30-Day review period: If you change your mind during this time, you will get a full refund and your policy will be cancelled.
- Income replacement up to $6,000/month
- Income protection in the event of an accident or soft tissue injury
- Income protection in the event of an illness
- Coverage for injury only, or both illness and injury
- Accidental death, dismemberment or loss of use
- Accidental fracture
- Extended medical care further to an accident
- You can choose coverage that protects you 24 hours a day, both on and off the job
Ideal if you:
- Are a self-employed individual
- Are concerned about qualifying for traditional coverage
- Want to top up your existing coverage or don’t have any life or health insurance plan
- Have group insurance but planning to leave your job (group insurance cannot go with you)
You are eligible if you:
- are between the ages of 18 and 69 inclusively
- currently work for at least 8 months per year and 21 hours per week
- are not currently limited in terms of your movements or your daily activities due to an injury or illness
- don’t have a degenerative chronic disease or a permanent physical or intellectual impairment
- are a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
To ask questions, or learn more about how the Accidental Disability Insurance works, or to buy the Disability policy, please:
- call at 416-822-2698
- email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com