CANCERGUARD – non-medical critical illness insurance
- July 6, 2021
- Posted by: olinsadmin
- Categories: Critical Illness, Disability Insurance, Health Care Ontario, Life Insurance Ontario, Retirement
Let’s check what statistics say:
- According to Canadian Cancer Society, 1 in 2 Canadians will develop cancer during their lifetime.
- According to Canadian Breast Cancer Network, 1 in 5 people diagnosed with cancer still need to work because of their precarious financial situation.
- $65,000 is the average price for a round of treatments with new medications, says Canadian Cancer Society. Even with private supplemental health insurance, you may have to pay up to 20% of the cost of medications, and costs may be capped at an annual maximum that would be quickly reached.
Scary facts, aren’t they? And no one is immune to cancer or its impact.
What is CANCERGUARD critical illness insurance?
A cancer diagnosis may mean you have to stop working and pay for medicines not covered by OHIP. Financial support would be really helpful at times like that. CANCERGUARD critical illness insurance can help.
Designed to protect you and support you financially, CancerGuard is critical illness insurance with no medical examination or blood test. If this happens, you’ll get a tax-free lump sum of up to $150,000 upon diagnosis of cancer that you can use any way you want:
- Continue paying your mortgage
- Pay off your financial obligations
- Pay for actual expenses associated with a life-changing diagnosis
- Focus on recovery with peace of mind
- Cover your travel expenses to obtain care in a remote area
- Get help at home for housework or child care and more.
Return of premiums
1. In the event of death while the policy is in force, the beneficiaries will get a return of all premiums paid less any claims paid.
2. Or as the assured, you would receive 50% of the premiums paid less any claims paid if the policy matures, namely at age 75.
Main features of CANCERGUARD critical illness insurance
- Simple and affordable
- No medical exam required
- Instant acceptance
- Guaranteed amount up to $150,000 payable upon diagnosis
- Free MediGuide Medical Second Opinion service
- Eligibility from birth to age 65
- Term coverage based on your needs: 10 years, 20 years, or up to age 75
- Guaranteed renewable policy up to age 75
You can customize your insurance!
Some types of cancer are not considered life-threatening. You can enhance your coverage to receive a partial benefit for the following less severe cancers:
- Breast: carcinoma in situ of the breast
- Skin: stage 1A malignant melanoma
- Prostate: stage A
You can add the following illnesses to your insurance for a coverage up to $150,000:
- Coronary artery bypass surgery
- Heart attack
Contact me at any time and we’ll discuss your situation and choose your best option.