Critical Illness Insurance in Ontario
- January 4, 2020
- Posted by: olinsadmin
- Categories: Healthy Lifestyle, Insurance Toronto, Travel Medical Insurance
When bad things happen to good people
Being diagnosed with a critical illness is a devastating and life-changing event. But today, 60% of Canadians diagnosed with cancer, 80% of heart attack and 75% of stroke victims will survive.
Critical Illness Insurance helps people to remove financial stress and focus on recovery.
Even though a person is experiencing a loss of income, bills and mortgages still have to be paid, not to mention the additional costs that go along with a critical illness such as prescribed drugs, special treatment, home help, child care, etc. It has been noticed that patient recovery was primarily affected by financial worries rather than medical complications.
Two Options to Get Critical Illness Insurance:
- No medical examination required
- Covers 6 critical illnesses
- Lowest rate
- Easy to buy online with our simplified application at https://insurancestoronto.ca/
- Medical examination required
- Covers 25 critical illnesses
- Cannot be purchased online
- We’ll provide you with a complete explanation of your coverage and help you to find the plan which is right for you: 416-822-2698; firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tax-free lump-sum cash payment: The money unconditionally belongs to you. You can use the cash any way you want.
- Serves as a Saving Plan: The premium will be returned to you if you do not claim after 10 years or by age 75.
- Coverage from $25,000 to $2M. Allows to choose the coverage a person needs and can afford
- Term: Can be for 10 years, to age 65, to age 75, or even 100. Usually, coverage ends at age 75.
- Guaranteed monthly premium for each term (never increases during the term)
- Does not affect person’s ability to still work
- If the person dies, all premiums are refunded to his or her beneficiary
- Available to people ages to 65
- Available as an independent insurance plan or as an additional feature within another life insurance policy
- Additional benefits: Accidental Fracture; paramedical care in case of an accident
Critical Illness Insurance will help you to:
- Focus on recovery
- Replace lost income
- Cover non-medical costs associated with your treatment (transportation, private nurse, home help, etc.)
- Pay for: prescription drugs, upgraded medical facilities, and alternative treatment options
- Meet financial obligations: bills, mortgage, debts, etc.
- Keep your business viable
- Allow your partner to spend time taking care of you instead of going to work
- Modify your home to have better mobility
- Get help from a psychiatrist and/or psychologist to deal with fear and anxiety and learn how to address the needs of the mind, body and spirit
Critical Illness insurance gives a person financial flexibility to do whatever it takes to get better.
- Coverage cannot be purchased for a pre-existing condition or illness.
- The policy may require the policyholder to survive a minimum number of days (the survival period) from when the illness was first diagnosed.