Disability insurance for all workers
- July 6, 2021
- Posted by: olinsadmin
- Categories: Critical Illness, Disability Insurance, Health Care Ontario, Life Insurance Ontario, Retirement
The Acci-Jet Program is designed for manual workers and active people. With no medical exam, it offers simplified disability insurance coverage for all workers, including the self-employed, in the event of an accident or injury to muscles or ligaments, or illness.
If a long-term disability prevented you from earning your regular income, would you have the financial support you need to maintain your family’s lifestyle? If you’re self-employed, a farmer, a construction worker, a truck driver, a fisherman, a miner, a taxi driver, a heliski or catski instructor or any other worker without group disability coverage, the answer is probably no.
No medical exam at the time of purchase!
A medium- or long-term work leave, due to disability, would have consequences for your finances and your lifestyle. Disability and income insurance would allow you to benefit from a monthly income, so you can meet your financial commitments and cover the expenses related to your health condition.
In the event of a disability, not only would you lose your primary source of income, you may also incur additional costs related to your health.
The Acci-Jet Program offers the choice of the following coverages:
- disability insurance in the event of an accident, soft tissue injury, or illness
- overhead expense insurance
- accidental death, dismemberment or loss of use
- accidental fracture
- extended medical care further to an accident
- travel insurance
You can choose coverage that protects you only when you are not at work or coverage that is in force 24 hours a day, both on and off the job – making it a valuable extra layer of insurance protection if you are already covered on your job site by workers’ compensation.
The Acci-Jet Program coverage
- You’ll receive a monthly, non-taxable benefit and the duration of coverage can be 2 years, 5 years or up to age 70. Renewal is guaranteed.
- A monthly benefit of $500 to $6,000 to cover a period of disability in the event of an accident or soft tissue damage or illness.
- Overhead expense insurance for businesses of up to $6,000.
- Choice of coverage outside working hours or 24/ coverage regardless of whether the client is at work or not.
You can also add certain additional coverages, including overhead expenses insurance coverage, which allows you to cover operating expenses for your company.
Built-in additional benefits available for you at no cost!
- Rehabilitation program: You may benefit from all the professional services necessary to learn new duties based on a rehabilitation program that meets your needs and that has been approved by iA Excellence.
- Temporary loss of full-time work: If you lose your job or stop working temporarily but have not retired, then your disability insurance coverage will remain in effect under our maintenance of coverage when full-time work ceases clause for up to a period of 12 months as of the date your work ceases. In addition, if you are on a parental leave, coverage will be maintained for the scheduled duration of the leave.
- Extension at age 70: You may extend your disability insurance until age 75, without evidence of insurability, provided you are working full-time at age 70.
- Waiver of premiums: Payment of your premiums will automatically be waived for all coverages under your contract if you meet the definition of total disability and your disability begins before your 60th birthday.
You are eligible if you
- are between the ages of 18 and 69 inclusively
- currently hold remunerative work for at least 8 months per year and 21 hours per week
- are not currently limited in terms of your movements or your daily activities due to an injury or illness
- don’t have a degenerative chronic disease or a permanent physical or intellectual impairment
- are a Canadian citizen or reside in Canada and meet certain criteria
Are you a business owner? Protect yourself with insurance that is built with you in mind!
Please contact me for more information.