Business Overhead Insurance
If you are self-employed, more likely your business depends on your ability to generate income to help pay the bills. Your long- or short-term absence due to a disability can affect your business big time. Business overhead expense insurance is a necessity for anyone running a business with regular monthly expenses.
With business overhead expense insurance you can be there even if you are actually not
Business overhead expense insurance designed for self-employed business owners who generate all their companies sales and revenues, and who are involved in the day-to-day operations of the business and covers your business fixed expenses (like rent, property taxes and utilities, salaries etc.) if you are away for an extended period of time due to disability. It is wise to consider how your absence would impact your business and make sure you are prepared for unpleasant circumstances.
Understanding Business Overhead Expense Insurance
Business overhead expense insurance is available in units of $100 and business owners may purchase between $500 and $6,000 of monthly coverage. The main features are:
- Available for people ages 18 – 60
- Benefits can be paid over a period of time of up to 24 months
- Waiting period could be as few as 15 days of disability
- Premiums may be tax-deductible as a business expense
- There are various options available
- It is also possible to increase your coverage at a later date
- Return to work assistance may be provided to support your transition back to work, If appropriate
- Business overhead expense insurance benefits can be used on eligible business expenses such as:
- Mortgage or rent
- Property taxes
- Association fees
- Equipment costs
- Corporate car leases
- Professional services (e.g., bookkeeping)
- Salaries for personnel who do not generate revenue and whose duties are vital for business operations
In the event of your illness or injury, benefits would be payable starting on the 31st day of an illness or injury and can continue for up to 24 months. Business overhead expense benefits can let you recover, worry-free, while your business continues to run as smoothly as possible. This plan doesn’t just protect your business; it gives you peace of mind.