TravelAid – your free travel assistance mobile app
- February 28, 2022
- Posted by: olinsadmin
- Categories: Disability Insurance, Insurance Toronto, Life Insurance Ontario, Life Insurance Toronto, Medical Insurance Ontario, Technology
TravelAid™ is your free travel assistance mobile app that is available at all times for a safe and speedy response. The GPS-enabled mobile app provides travellers with immediate assistance anywhere in the world. Be sure to download it before you leave for your trip!
Comprehensive travel information
Anywhere in the world
When you need it most
- Medical Facility Search – Find directions to the closest medical facility (GPS enabled)
- International 911 Lookup – Search emergency phone numbers in other countries
- Travel Tips – For travelling Canadians and visitors to Canada
- Start a Claim – Begin the claim process
- Contact ACM – A direct link for immediate, 24/7 medical assistance
Some other information you can get including:
- Physician and hospital referrals
- Embassy and consular contacts
- Travel intelligence, alerts and destination information
- Pre-travel immunization information
If your TravelAid app is not working
TravelAid app may not be working for you due to some issues that your device may have or your internet connection problem. Here are a couple of common TravelAid app problems and troubleshooting steps
I’m getting black screen (blank screen) when I open TravelAid
It is one of the most common problems in android operating system. Usually when you open an app, you will see a black screen for a few seconds and then app will crash with or without an error message. There are few ways to fix this problem.
- Most of the times, it might be a temporary loading issue. You just need to press the recent applications menu (usually the first left button) in your phone. Then you close the app that has this issue. Now open the app again. It may work normally.
- Try hard reboot in your Android mobile. Press and hold down the “Home” and “Power” buttons at the same time for up to 10 seconds. Then, release the buttons and hold down “Power” button until the screen turns on. Now you can try opening the app.
- If none of the above working, you can wait till your phone battery drains and it turns off automatically. After that put it to charge, and press the power button. It may work after this.
- Finally, if you can’t fix it with anything, you may need to uninstall the app and re-install it. Android usually restores all settings after you re-install and log into the app. You can see if that fixes it.
I have installation issues
- Check your wifi / internet connection for connectivity.
- Check your mobile storage space. If you don’t have enough space in your disk, the app can’t be installed.
- Verify that the app you’re trying to install supports your android version.
My app is not updating properly in my phone
- Check your wifi / mobile data connection and verify that it is working properly. It may be down and stopping you from updating the app.
- Confirm that you have enough storage space in your phone to download updates. If you don’t have enough storage space, it can be blocking the app updates.
Even in some rare cases, the re-install step also don’t work. If that is your case, try installing older versions of the app. Good luck!