New Non-Face-to-Face Life Insurance Sales
- April 3, 2020
- Posted by: olinsadmin
- Categories: Coronavirus, Covid-19, Health Care Ontario, Insurance Toronto, Life Insurance Ontario
Selling life, critical illness and disability insurance online or by phone (Non-Face-To-Face) is the best and the easiest way of getting an insurance product during COVID-19 pandemic. No medical examination required.
Eligible insurance products available on this new Non face-to-face application process include:
- Life Insurance: up to $5,000,000 (Universal Life insurance is not available which has to be sold face-to-face)
- Critical Illness: up to $500,000
- Disability: $5,000
You don’t need to meet with your insurance adviser in person for identification purposes.
If you are already a Desjardins client, your re-identification is not required.
There are 2 methods for identifying NEW clients:
- Dual process method
You will be asked to send, 2 of the 3 following documents (fax, photocopy, scan or electronic image)
- Document containing your full name and date of birth
- Document containing your full name and address
- Document containing your full name and confirming the holding of a deposit account, credit card or other loan account
- Chat or selfie method
If method #1 is not possible, you can use the chat or selfie method for identification purposes. This method is an exception that’s being made only while social distancing measures are in effect due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
You will be asked:
- to create an electronic version of your government-issued photo ID and email it to the agent
- to verify the photo ID by a live video chat or by taking a screenshot of the chat session where both your face and your photo ID are visible in the same shot
- to take a selfie with your cell phone camera or other device and email it to your agent
Once the COVID-19 social distancing measures are lifted, you’ll be asked to provide your insurance adviser with the identity verification information in the way usually required for applications and update your information.
Once an insurance application has been approved, an online copy will be available for delivery.